You guys, I’ve been nominated for my first blogging award by Emma at Trying To Make Lemonade!!! I’ve been smiling ever since. I’m amazed by the breadth and depth of blogs on the interweb, and often feel like the teensiest bit of moisture in the ocean, on a humid day. To be recognized is gratifying and wonderful. Thank you, Emma!
This particular nomination includes some rules. Here they are.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and display the award on your post.
2. List the award rules.
3. State 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them.
6. Proudly display the award logo on your blog either on a side bar, about page or a special award page.
7 random things about myself
1. My favorite book is Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. I think I could recite it all, from memory. However, a close second is the Shopaholic series by Sophia Kinsella. Kids, be financially responsible and unprejudiced. Then, you’ll live happily ever after.
2. My favorite color is pink, bright and brash. A close second is deep vibrant blue. Imagine my delight when last Christmas, my cousins got me a pink and blue wallet that is not garish at all, but sophisticated and delightful, truly.
3. I am an only child.
4. I have never fallen in love. I have, however, gradually slid into love, which is not the same, albeit quite lovely.
5. I haven’t fully mastered the concept of an indoor voice; I have given up attempting an indoor laugh. My loud, sudden bursts of laughter are my trademark. My co-workers shake their heads, but they all say my laughter is contagious. I don’t think they are simply being polite…
6. I still have my childhood teddybear, given to me at my christening. He’s frayed and fragile, but my oldest friend.
7. When I was very little, I wanted to be a pigeon farmer. Later, I decided I’d be welder, just like my dad, and we’d go to work together in my red convertible sports car, and have matching thermoses for our lunches. I have failed at all 3 aspects of that ambition: wrong career, no sports car, and definitely no thermos.
The Bloggess is hilarious. She’s written a book “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir” that is on the NYT best-seller list. I enjoyed it so much, I gave it to two friends for Christmas, and Santa gave me a copy too, how surprising! I found her through the story of Beyonce, the metal chicken, one of my all-time favorite discoveries on the Internet.
Next on the list is Black and Dixi’s Black and Offbeat blog. An infrequent poster, but each post is beautifully crafted, dealing with being a black young woman in a predominantly white European country. She is articulate, humorous and sometimes sad.
Lastly, The Belle Jar. A fellow Canadian, folks!! A feminist, who chronicles her struggles with depression, points out racism and prejudice (click here and here, for prime examples), and has many delightful flights of fancy (including her take on the characters of Friends: where are they now).
Thanks once again, Emma. I look forward to every one of your posts, admire your honesty and cross my fingers, as I follow your journey, all the way from snowy Montreal.
I’m glad to have had the opportunity to share these three women’s blogs, all of whom inspire me, as I continue to explore this new-found form of self-expression, and find my voice as a writer. The blogosphere is a fantastic place!
Thank you! What a sweet shout-out 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot! I am getting ready to publish a post on your nomination right now. I love your blog and have opted to follow you as well now so, do keep up the goods!
Yay! Thank you, and I look forward to your contined blogging. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person